Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The view from the back of the pack.....

I guess your the first post on a new blog should be profound and inspirational so that you can get people to keep coming back for more......Well, I can't say I can accomplish that and I surely can't say that any reports, reviews or general mutterings will change your life in any way. My goal is to give an random readers the ability to escape a bit into the world of a BOPer. I have always found quite a bit of wisdom in many of the blogs that I have read and I hope that I can give you a view of my world that is unique and interesting.



A little about me......



I am a 30 something sales manager at a Fortune 500 company. I am married to an awesome woman and I have a very lively 2 year old that keeps me on my toes. I was introduced to the sport of triathlon through my dad at a pretty young age. He was a runner and sometimes cyclist and he wandered into triathlon by accident in the late 80's. He apparently was good enough to win a few age group races but his knees were shot from years of soccer, running and Budweiser........Anyway, after college I was a real tub, ok more of a tub than I am now......and once my son was born I was pushing maximum capacity. I started mountain biking because the trails were there and when my son was born my wife made the comment that now we have to live for someone else. I started getting obsessed with riding the trails around my house, but mountain biking was a tough way to regulate a training ride. Around here you are really either going up or down. So I stole my dad's old bike from my mom and turned it into a workable training weapon. I started riding to work here and there and really felt good being on the road bike. Ultimately I was drawn into the triathlon fold. I had a fairly good swim base from surfing and rehabbing a shoulder injury from college. Running..........not good. I cold run about a quarter mile and my shins, back, gut, everything hurt so I had to stop. Anyway....perseverance has been very beneficial (just got back from a 6.5 mile trail run) but I am still a slow poke. I think the biggest limiter for me is my diet.....oh yeah and I love beer! I love beer more than most people. I don't care how competitive I ever get, beer ain't leaving my diet. So now you know a bit about me. I hope to add some interesting tidbits in the future and if I can get you to print out one of my posts to read on the john...............then I have done my job!

No comments: